Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Blood of Magnetism………….

As an Electrical Engineering student and as a lunatic fan of Michael Faraday; the phenomena of magnetism and electricity were always hunting my introspections. These mysterious kids were consistently irritating my innerself and the baffling kinship prevailing between these dauntless duos made me an insomniac. The mischievous couples played too much on my tensile trunk and never spoiled a chance to give me a gentle shock saying that “little madness persists there in your brains”. But for the efficacious fulfillment of my genuine goal; I endured all these tribulations. But there was an incident which made me pensive; it was nothing else but a dream which I will reveal before you people…
Just as usual it was a tiring day for me and the fact that the day star is about to rise from the briny made me rest in the hands of Morpheus. I can’t recall when it happened but someone called me in that drowsiness. When I woke up, I saw a man standing in a devilish wardrobe, with glazing looks and hands akin to an iron rod. In his thunderous voice he asked me “What will happen when an outlander swishes a morsel of iron through your flesh?” “A jet of blood sir!” I replied hastily with a frozen voice in. I didn’t realize relevance of such a question in that circumstance. But the clandestine fear in me made me answer at a rate of knots. I felt; someone is playing a fret with my vocal chords and my whole body was shivering like a leaf, accidently caught in a tornado. He placed his heavy hand on my shoulders and told me “Don’t worry. Nothing to fear. I am your friend only and am here infront of you to say my story. I want to articulate it to somebody before my death.” This gave me some relief although the chillness of his palm was penetrating my puny nerves.
He started the recital and acquainted himself as Mr. Magnet. He was there in this alluring sphere right from its origin and has one companion whom he admires as his best friend and his name is Mr.Iron. They were like mind and body and were very arduous to part with. But the scene changed abruptly by the advent of a new species called the homosapiens. They influenced Mr. Iron and transmuted him. Now Mr.Iron is not in good conjunction with his fellow friend and also whenever he gets a chance he will hurt his soulmate by shedding his blood. Blood!!! I was surprised and asked him; how a magnet can have blood? To this, I got a shrilling reply;” Are you thinking that only you people are having blood and heart? You know, the Electricity which you get by cutting the magnetic field with iron; it’s my blood. You people have not only parted me and my friend but also made him my butcher!” After this, what I heard was a long howl followed by a deafening noise and found the behemoth gentleman on the ground taking his last breath. I had a terrible jerk and fell to the ground with a loud cry. I found someone touching my cheeks and calling me and to my surprise found my father there in front of me who was not there in the scene till then. To clear my thoughts he sprinkled some water over my eyes and I realized that I was there in a dismal dream.
After waking me up my father went back to his bed. I found lonely in that leeway. The silence of that dusky night was shaking me as a whole and that yowl from those mischievous frogs made me close my ears. But all these time, I felt someone heaving me down. Is it the earth’s magnetic field or Mr. Magnet or both the same??? I was pensive for a while but inorder to relieve me one was rotating over my head consuming that blood of magnetism; Mr. Fan.

1 comment:

Vinod said...

dear... following comments are offered..

magnets donot have blood.

yu should do a Phd on magnetic levitation and try to realise the first indian 'maglev' train.

am happy, yr father appeared, at least, in one of yr bad dreams.

luv
v sankar